Thursday, September 21, 2006

It's that time of the year again! Me and Ryan's three year anniversary.

Well, it's our first three year anniversary, but another anniversary at this time of the year.

The weather has cooled a bit and the humidity is gone, so the air feels like it did when we first got together.

I got him a totally nerdy gift, which he loved: TNG 1-3. And if you know what TNG stands for, then, as is probably no surprise to you, you are a nerd.

I am starting to get my rhythym at school, and I really enjoying being a TA. Well, I actually enjoy the in-lab part of being a TA, not the other responsibilities. It feels good when someone says, as they did yesterday, "I've never understood a lab so in-depth before! You're awesome at explaining things." So I'm pretty friendly with the students, but they still respect me because I know a lot about bio in general. I feel like my background is quite broad, and that's perfect for teaching an intro course.

I've picked a topic for my research project in Maine next year: how nutrient inputs of decomposing seaweeds affect producers and thus possibly also consumers. While it may not sound too flashy, it's actually something that hasn't been looked at in rocky systems. So I'll do the project next summer and either expand upon it for my thesis or decide I hate it and try something else. But for now it's time for literature review.

We went to the King of Prussia mall last Saturday and the Jersey shore (Cape May and Wildwood) on Sunday. I guess next on our list is probably Fairmont Park and the art museum.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary to you two!

"And if you know what TNG stands for, then, as is probably no surprise to you, you are a nerd."

What? You mean not everyone knows about Captain Picard?

Sounds like you guys are hitting all the must-see places. King of Prussia and Longwood are both pretty close to me, and I highly recommend coming back to Longwood at Christmas, when they're all decorated. Also, if you're visiting Fairmount sometime soon, you should check out Eastern State Penitentiary. I went to the haunted house there last year and was scared out of my mind.

The Adventures of Max and Tessa said...

Congratulations! Whew, finally an anniversary that's actually worth remembering.

Jen said...

King of Prussia! Oh, the envy! None of the malls in Western PA compare. Actually, none of the malls anywhere compare. Syracuse wasn't bad...never been to Mall of America...

Can you tell I'm shopping-deprived?

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy to know I'm not the only one out there: TNG.... hehe. I own the first season!! ALL THREE SEASONS!! You're such an awesome girlfriend!!!