Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Fall break is pretty much over. I spent today working from home, though. And I made an exciting trip to the DMV to get my NJ license and plates.

The trip to Pitt was short but fun. We drove over Sunday morning and back Monday afternoon. It was great to see Jen again. We had a fun time at the science museum on Sunday- we got to ride Segways! Then we went out for dinner. I still can't get over how much fried food Jen eats now, as compared to maybe 3 fries during her whole time at CU! Then we rented The Break-Up, which wasn't nearly as good as I'd hoped (which wasn't a particularly high standard to begin with).

Monday morning Jen had class, so Ryan and I went to a conservatory near her campus. It was pretty, but the best part was the topiary creatures (pics on Flickr). Then we went up the Cathedral of Learning at UP to see the view. We met up with Jen for lunch, then headed home. We'd planned on doing more sightseeing in the afternoon, but it was really cold out and most of the museums there were closed on Monday.

I'm glad it's a short week, although I have a lot to do before Friday. *stress*

No comments: