Friday, November 10, 2006

Crunch time is setting in; most of my work and studying is between now and Thanksgiving. Not much to report. Car insurance is twice as expensive here as in Syracuse :( I'm dragging Ryan to a dinner party at a professor's house tonight in celebration of someone getting their PhD. I'm looking forward to it, but I'm sure he's not.

While I'm doing fine in my classes, they're just okay. Nothing is really grabbing my attention. At least with TAing I can make it somewhat fun for my students. Like this week we were looking at preserved slides of tapeworms, so I told the class how Christ (well, I just said "a friend at undergrad") TA'd for a parasite guy who actually ingested the tapeworms to transport them into the US, then "recovered" them later. They were sufficiently grossed out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, my stories have made it into a bio class at UPenn! I feel so special :)