Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Thanks for all the congratulations, everyone. It almost makes up for my mom being not at all excited. But that's a whole 'nother entry.

Conversation with a student after the recitation section I ran yesterday:
Student: "When will we be getting our exams back?"
Cat: "Tomorrow after lecture."
Student: "And did you get engaged?"
Cat: "Yeah, actually it happened yesterday!"
Student: "I saw your ring sparkling and hadn't noticed it before, so I thought it might be new. And you seemed to keep touching it."

Then the remaining sorority-types in the room all gathered 'round and wanted a look. Then it was cute- this shy guy came over and asked to see because he's "shopping for one."

I have a cold. I'm on DayQuil, which is making my nose runny instead of congested. I have too many classes to miss today, especially since it's more of an annoying cold than something incapacitating. Having a runny/stuffy nose is 100 times worse when you're in class and don't want to call attention to your snot. Which I guess I just did. Sorry. But at least I'm going prepared with a ton of tissues.

Tomorrow morning Ryan and I have an appointment with a realtor that we met at one of the open houses. We pretty much picked him because he was the most easy to talk to of the ones we met and we know he sells houses in the area we're most interested in. So if after talking to him tomorrow we still think he's a good fit for us, then he'll officially be our buyers' agent. Then we can get more serious about shopping and have him set up private viewings for us.

I'm thinking that if the wedding ends up being quite close to where we live, we'll have an afterparty at our house (assuming we buy one). Completely casual, for a chance to hang out and get silly without me being self-conscious about the older guests. And everyone can meet Jibblies and the other cat/s that we get once we have the additional house space.

Ryan is going to get SCUBA certified so we can go diving together on our honeymoon.

Don't hate me for having my life going so well! I have a runny nose and classes until 7 today. And my mom is completely unenthusiastic about her only daughter's wedding. It's not all perfect.

No comments: