Tuesday, March 06, 2007

I've now blogged from 5 states! In order: NY, WA, NJ, PA, CA! Yay for Ryan's work paying for internet in our room!

At this moment in Jersey: 24 degrees, feels like 12, snow advisory.

At this moment in San Diego: 72 degrees, feels like 72, should be a sunburn advisory.

From what I've seen so far, I like it here. It's very clean and cheerful.

The recap thus far: Ryan's rental car is a red Mustang. It's fun to ride around and pretend that we have a secret life where it's always sunny and carefree and we have a clean red sports car. Because in our other life the weather is back-and-forth, it's not so carefree, and the sports car is black and in desperate need of a wash.

The guy supervising Ryan at work over here asked if Ryan brought me, and when Ryan said yes, the guy was like, "Aww, man, you don't even get any time to do something fun. Don't bother coming in until 10 or 11 tomorrow morning." Since we woke up around 6am due to not being adjusted to the time zone, we drove to Mission Bay park, walked around, then went to breakfast. I was starving, and had an amazing eggs Benedict with turkey and avocado. Isn't it just the greatest feeling when you're soooo hungry and then you get an amazing and filling meal? Ahhhhh.

Then we drove to Balboa Park (the big park containing the zoo) and walked around there for a while before Ryan had to leave for work. I stayed behind and did the zoo today, then walked back to the hotel, where I am now. The zoo was huge, of course, and with all the walking today my feet are soooo sore. Don't tell Ryan between now and the time he gets home from work, but I got him a stuffed animal meerkat because they're his favorite animal but he didn't get to go inside the zoo (it's closed by the time he gets off work).

I took pictures of cute animals, mostly big cats, but don't have my camera cable here, so you'll have to wait. Oh, those Bird of Paradise flowers I mentioned for the wedding are all over the place here.

Tonight we'll go out to dinner and do more walking. I wonder how many miles I will have walked by the end of the day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As I stare out at the snow and ice falling from the sky, I find that I hate you people.

If Ryan likes meerkats, he should check out Meerkat Manor on Animal Planet.