Monday, March 12, 2007

Ugh. Being back at work/school is lame. The weather hasn't been too much of a shock, but I have so much work to do between now and the end of the semester. Wednesday will be another house-shopping trip with Ry and Bri, and we're looking at somewhat more expensive ones, so hopefully they're in better shape.

The trip could be summed up as- lots of walking, lots of dining out, and lots of sunshine. Tuesday was my favorite day; Wednesday and Friday I worked on my grant proposal at the library during the day, and Thursday I walked around Balboa Park more, which got old after a while. If I'd had a car I would've gone to Sea World, but since Ryan's work paid for the car, I wasn't allowed to drive it.

In the evenings we pretty much walked around various places and ate big meals. Big, unhealthy meals. I don't think I gained any/much weight because of all the walking (I estimate 6-8 miles each day), but I'm trying to be healthy now so I can get closer to my wedding weight before dress shopping. We had separate flights home scheduled because I booked my trip after he did, but my flight was canceled due to mechanical failure two hours before takeoff. They were going to put me in a hotel and fly me the next day, at which point I was agitated almost to tears (btw, I have problems every time I fly US Airways; they suck big time), but Ryan saved the day and helped arrange for me to get on his flight instead, for no additional cost! We even got to sit next to each other after asking someone to trade seats. Stupid US Airways doesn't look into helping people get where they need to go in a timely manner, they just go with the easiest out. But it did turn out nice that I got to fly home with Ryan.

Jibblies has been big-time cuddly since we got home. It was cute at first, but he kept waking me up in the middle of the night, which is not cute. Especially when I'm already short on sleep due to the time zone and daylight savings both working against me.

Yesterday Ryan and I went biking for the first time this year. 15 miles and I was about ready to keel over. He's training for a 100 mile ride in July. I will probably join him for half of his training rides; if I weren't going to Maine in the summer I'd try doing the 100 miles too.

No comments: