Monday, May 21, 2007

Another one bites the dust. Jen's engaged too :) Congratulations to the happy couple! People have been getting engaged left and right lately. Until now I've only been to 3 weddings, but I should double that by next year.

Our house is enormous. I'm not bragging- I'm complaining! There are sooooo many walls to paint, and we're doing 2 coats to get full coverage. I've been painting (or prep work for painting) for 6-7 hours for the last three days and we only have the kitchen, 2 bedrooms, and the trim in the third bedroom done. The kitchen is a pale purple, and it looks awesome. The bedrooms are all pale gray/silver, and look nice and dreamy, like sleeping in the clouds. Still on the list: finish last bedroom, living/dining room (huge), 3 bathrooms, hallway, 2 stairwells, and laundry room. And that's just the painting- we still have to move all our stuff. We've been moving things that will fit in my car with each trip over, then Ryan's dad is coming to help us with the furniture next weekend.

It's crazy to think that all the house is ours. I feel like "what did I do to deserve all this?" I finally get the nice house painted all pretty like I wished I had while growing up. It would be a very empty house with just me and Ryan, but the kitties will fill it up nicely with their frantic scurrying around. They're going to be so happy!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Hehe, thanks. I've only been to 1 wedding so far, and that was last month! Between yours, Jamie's, and mine (yeah, that counts too), I'll be going to 3 more in the next 2 years.