Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Just wanted to get another state on my blogging list- New Hampshire. I drove to the Manchester airport, then I'm flying the rest of the way. Turns out it may not have been such a great money-saving idea: long term parking is $10/day and I'm gonna be away (or rather, home) for 13 days :(

CRAP- the flight has already been delayed twice. US Airways fills me with homicidal rage. Every single time with the major problems!!! I keep saying that I'm never flying it again, but then I do. Because 1) I have 19,000 FF miles with them and you need 25,000 to get a free trip, and 2) they dominate the Philly airport. But now I'm putting my foot down- after I redeem my free trip for the miles, I am only flying them if absolutely necessary. It's worth paying $50 more for a better trip. (After $1oo more I might reconsider... at least I'd feel like I was "earning" money to sit in the airport). But for this trip I could've flown Southwest for about the same price- but was trying to earn miles.

So, I dunno if Cymfony is gonna pick up on this and report it to the FAA, but US AIRWAYS IS THE DEVIL!!!

3 comments:

Lizzardie said...

Doubtful. :-P Blast away!

Even if US Airways did find out about your feelings towards them, if they were like other companies now who fear what bloggers are saying, they'd probably be more likely to either ignore you or reach out to you. But your blog probably isn't important enough to receive the latter treatment. :-)

Anonymous said...

That's how they get you... "but I just need .... more miles." Damn marketing people (glad I'm not one... oh wait!) ;-)

I decided long ago that I'll pay up to, hmm, probably even up to 200 dollars to avoid US Airways. (Granted my flights are a little more expensive and longer in general...) Anyway, truly one of the worst airlines I've flown. Turkish Air was like first class in comparison. ;-)

Have fun at home!

Jen said...

Hmm, wanna donate those hard-earned frequent flyer miles to me? I could use a free trip or two for interviews, and you wouldn't have to feel guilty for not using them... ;-)