Thursday, July 12, 2007

I'm back in Jersey and sipping a mojito made with mint from our "garden." Ahhh. I worked like a madwoman on Tuesday to finish up in Maine, then drove down yesterday to surprise Ryan. He didn't think I was coming back until Monday. Sneaky me! I've been in a good mood the past couple days; driving 10 hours by myself didn't even seem that bad. Of course I was motivated to see how surprised Ryan would be. He was fairly surprised. He looked at me as if he had no idea who I was!

The kittens are still cute and Choco looks even bigger. Ryan's 100 mile bike ride is Sunday, and my future mother in law and brothers in law are coming down tonight and staying through Sunday. I'm actually slightly looking forward to their visit- this will be their first time seeing the house and the kittens, and I want to see their reactions. Hopefully the house is big enough that I'm not ready to gnaw my arm off by the end of their visit.

Oh, and Ryan was cleaning the bathroom today in preparation for the visitors, and Choco jumped into the toilet! So both the little ones have been "baptized." But again, it was clean water, so we can laugh it off. Normally we keep the lids down to keep them out, so it's rather surprising that both have snuck in.

No comments: