Tuesday, July 31, 2007

The ol' ball and chain and I made it to Maine okay. When I picked up my car the mechanic recommended I get another transmission flush after driving it for a while, and also pointed out the reason why my car has been especially loud lately (wheel bearing needs replaced). I seriously considered selling my car after those things got fixed so I could cut my losses and replace it with another used (but Japanese this time) compact car, but Ryan vetoed that :( He's right, though, that with just having bought the house and with the wedding coming up, now's not a good time. Maybe the year after the wedding?

Today I made my first pie entirely from scratch- gooseberry! Ryan and I picked the berries from wild plants growing near a secluded beach. The crust turned out excellently, but most of the sugar inside the pie crystallized instead of turning into a gooey berry mixture. It still tasted pretty good, though.

For dinner, we had lobster- two per person and they were free gifts from one of the lobstermen that my adviser has connections with. They were to die for. Kitteh luvs lobstir. Nom nom nom!

My snails are doing very confusing things with their growth. Not a lack of difference between groups, but differences in totally weird directions. Bad snails!

No comments: