Monday, December 17, 2007

Think I'll rotate the picture in the top right according to my taste. Now that we're rid of the devil car, how about my girliest cake ever? Hard to believe that someone who made a cake like that is going to have a wedding cake like, well, the one we've got planned. Mwah hah hah.

Somewhere in my Squishycashing and all, I made the mistake of signing up for free baby stuff in exchange for a dollar or something. Mostly just baby junk mail, although sometimes I'm a little paranoid the mailman will start spreading word around the neighborhood that we're expecting, then one of Ryan's parents will be down and the neighbor will be all, "Congratulations about the grandchild on the way!" and it will all go down like some sitcom.

Anyway, last week I got a baby offer that actually looked promising: create a baby registry at a certain store, then they give you a $20 gift card. So that was one of the things Ryan and I did on Sunday :P I think we did a pretty good job of seeming legit... I didn't suck in my gut (heh), asked about if we could edit the registry online, and we added items that made it seem legit (one stroller, one crib, one playpen instead of 3 strollers for example). And we got our $20 gift card :) We also thought about if we created the registry and added a bunch of cat accessories, food, and litter, but thought that might raise a red flag.

I didn't mention how I further "Slickdealt" the car purchase beyond negotiating and Ryan's work discount, did I? We'll be getting a $25 Circuit City gift card just for test driving a new Mazda. You can do this too if you want to see what my car is like and don't care if the salesperson thinks you're a cheapskate (www.mazdaholidaydrive.com). $17,000 car, $25 gift card...not as good a ratio as my CVS deals, but what can ya do?

No comments: