Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Sigh. I wish it were spring and I could get started on the outdoor garden. The Aerogrow herbs are 0.5-2 inches tall right now. I keep staring at them and it's like watching paint dry. I mean, they're growing fast by plant standards, but I'm impatient.

Gardening and CVSing are all I'm interested in doing these days. Unfortunately I'm not very interested in wedding planning. We should probably sign with the caterer and florist soon, though. Not to mention find an officiant. I hate calling places and playing phone tag. Ugh.

I'm taking this semester and summer off from school, having gone off the rails of the crazy train and all. Well, the spring off was my idea, but apparently then you automatically take summer off too. There's no way I could be an effective student these days. It's going to be nice once I can get out into the garden, but for now I've got cabin fever. I'm going to pick up an application to volunteer with the kitties at Petsmart in the next few days. No school also means no stipend, so I feel extra compelled to do some heavy duty slickdealing. I thought about some substitute teaching a couple days a week, but I'm not ready for it yet.

Ryan and I did plan out our honeymoon, although we haven't booked anything yet. We're spending 2 nights in Cancun followed by 4 nights in Cozumel. On the mainland we'll being going to Chichen Itza and Xcaret. On Cozumel we'll dive for two full days then do miscellaneous sightseeing, snorkeling, or relaxing since you can't dive the day before you fly. I am looking forward to the honeymoon.

Speaking of which, if anyone has some free time in the first week of June and doesn't want to spend money on a wedding gift, how about being a housesitter for us for two or three (or four...) days? You can snorgle the kitties to your heart's content and raid our cabinets for snacks. Mainly I'm worried about my garden not getting watered for a week. (The cats are self-sufficient with enough food, water, and litterboxes). It would suck if it was a hot week and I came back from the honeymoon to find a backyard full of dead plants. You have plenty of time to think about it :P

2 comments:

The Adventures of Max and Tessa said...

Your honeymoon stuff looks great! :)

By the way, Merry Christmas late - enjoyed the flickr pics.

Jen said...

Ooh, the honeymoon sounds awesome. I always wanted to see Cancun, especially when all the crazy spring breakers are gone.

As for housesitting...I'd do it but of course have very little idea of what I'm doing after graduation, aside from going to your wedding. If you don't find anyone else, ask me again closer to May.