Sunday, March 16, 2008

I'm scrapping the garden blog. It's enough work to write in here every week or so. Especially now that I'm getting pretty busy. Tomorrow is my all-day training session at the teaching place. Today I bought $225 worth of dirt. For real. 6 cubic yards, being delivered on Tuesday, to fill these suckers:



The big ones are 5' by 20'. That's ENORMOUS. The little ones are 2' by 2'. They're cute. I'm gonna have a bitchin garden.

The downed tree remains are now in "little" (i.e. big, but smaller than earlier) piles:
Ryan's dad came down with a chainsaw and cut it up. We put a "free" sign by the firewood-type pieces, and people claimed most of it. All the branches are left, though. The town will remove brush in small quantities, so we're going to put out some each trash day and it should be gone by the wedding.

We bought a ladder, providing new opportunities for the cats to be cute:

And I'll finish with my first flower of spring, a crocus from the bulbs I planted last fall:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ooh... pretty!