Wednesday, July 02, 2008

I didn't remember until today, but yesterday was my 5 year blogiversary! 5 years minus a couple days ago, I wrote about attending the Fourth of July pirate party at Ryan's mom's house, pre-coupledom. This year- our first married FOJ party, is superhero themed. Yay. Peter will be turning 11. I wonder how many more years until he becomes a "too cool for this" teenager. It's a long drive and gas is expensive, plus we already saw them a lot around the wedding.

With the fancy-shmancy digital scale off the registry, we weighed the cattens (by holding them).
Jib: 14.5 pounds. Big catten. No surprise there. He's proportionate, though, since he gets the most exercise jumping over fences and after birds.
Choco: 12 pounds. Pretty big catten. His frame isn't as big as Jib, but he has a big belly.
Grem: 9 pounds. Whoa, mama! But she looks so tiny! 9 pounds is "normal cat" size, though. I guess it's all a matter of perspective.

The garden is humming along nicely. I'm replacing the early crops with the midsummer ones: the broccoli, cauliflower, turnips, and spinach are gone. In their place are corn, soybeans, watermelons, cucumbers, honeydew melons, more green beans, and more potatoes taking their place. I really hope the watermelon and honeydew are a success- we have plenty of veggies but it would be nice to have some fruit. The other day we ate home-grown zucchini. Tonight we're having red potatoes and green beans, both from the garden, and chicken. Once we eventually move to a bigger lot, I'll have to see about raising chickens...

No comments: