Monday, September 21, 2009

Love is in the air. No, really. Tessa got engaged over the weekend...in a HOT AIR BALLOON! Congratulations, Missy.

And...today is me and Ryan's 6 year coupledom anniversary! Poor coupledom anniversary plays second fiddle to wedding anniversary, though. No special plans to celebrate.

Tomorrow I give my very first lecture. I've given seminars before and led sections of students before, but this is my first full-length lecture to an entire class. It's an 80 minute class. There are about 90 students. The prof is out of town and wanted me to share my research and perspective on grad school in general. Should go okay, I guess, since it's a topic I know well.

Over the weekend we got about 50 cans of soup for $2. And I'm going back for more. Just a little wheeling and dealing brag since I shut down that blog :)

1 comment:

tes said...

:-)) Thanks!!

Congrats on the 6 years of couple-dom yourself!

And not but not least the amazing soup deal. Here in Germany they don't even have canned soup (insert reference to that Seinfeld episode here). Hmpf.

Good luck with your lecture - I'm sure it will go great. You're exceptionally good at both presenting and explaining things, so it should be a win-win. :-)