Monday, October 19, 2009

Boy did the weekend suck. Sniffles, the most sick of the kittens, died Friday. Cyclops, the other small kitten, looked like she was getting worse. She wasn't eating at all. I went to the shelter and they showed me how to feed her from a bottle. Ryan and I fed her as best we could all weekend, but her breathing got worse and interfered with feeding. She died early this morning. So my heart is broken times two.

Momma and the two bigger kittens are doing well, though. I decided to name the mom Isis (that's the name of Catwoman's cat). The boy is going to be MacGyver. I haven't decided on the girl's name yet. Here are some more pictures. I haven't got a good one of MacGyver yet because he is always eating or sleeping.


Any name suggestions for this cute little girl?

4 comments:

tes said...

Hi Cat, sorry to hear about your double-loss. :-( I'm sure they're still all doing much better than they had if you hadn't taken them in. And the little ones had much less stressful lives than they would have in the shelter.

Jen said...

Sorry about Sniffles and Cyclops. I have no doubt that you gave them your best effort, so it must have been inevitable. :(

As for names...what's the female equivalent of MacGyver? Maybe some strong, resourceful female TV character? Dr. Quinn? Buffy? One of the chicks from Battlestar Galactica? Olivia (or Benson), from Law & Order SVU?

I kinda like Buffy, especially given that you brought her in close to Halloween!

Cat said...

Buffy is a good idea. Buffy it is!

Jen said...

Yay, I named your itty bitty kitteh!