Monday, August 07, 2006

I'm brooding again. Perhaps it's a mix of boredom and anxiety about moving and starting school, but I keep feeling dissatisfied with my life in general, for absolutely no reason in particular. I hope the feeling goes away once I get down there and get busy with school, but for now it's "there has to be more to life than this."

Growing up and knowing that my family was not "normal" in the sense of family cohesion and activities, I guess I always identified television and movies as normal. But television and movies are full of action, drama, romance, comedy, horror, and occasionally foreign. College life lined up a little bit with the depiction of college in movies. . . of course I was doing more academically than socially, but that was my choice. Now that I'm in real life, though, the monotony is killing me. The most interesting thing that happened today is that the power was out at the grocery store and they were on backup power.

For a while I've been blaming it on Syracuse and its lack of things to do. Working a ton always sapped my energy, too, so I never had the pep to do anything interesting. But now I have time and nowhere to go. Ryan is busy with work during the days. There should be more to do in Philly, but I'm still brooding for now. I guess my life is in a rut, and should be shook up vigorously in two weeks, but I'm already going nuts. Whine, whine, bitch, bitch.

On the positive side of things, how about the flickr badge thingy off to the right? I think it kicks ass.

No comments: