Wednesday, January 03, 2007

I dyed my hair yesterday. The color was called "warm medium brown" but it turned out almost auburn. I like it a lot though- it's just the change I needed. Ryan really likes it; he's got a thing for redheads :) I also bought a straightening iron and it's crazy how straight my hair can get. It even behaves like straight hair; just blow-drying straight doesn't compare. I'll only straighten occasionally (it took a half hour to do), but the difference in appearance is quite striking. Check Flickr to see what I mean.

Ryan and I have both had colds for the last week. They just won't go away. Most of his family caught it from his brother over Christmas. So we've been fairly blah feeling, with the exception of New Year's, where we felt improved for a little while and had fun playing Wii at Dan's. The next day we were back to feeling sick again, and it's still not completely gone. Ryan went back to work yesterday anyhow, although I have off until next Monday. We've been watching a lot of TNG (his present from me), and I have to admit that I've really come to like it. It's quite good for the drama and comedy aspects even if I'm not as into the sci-fi.

I reposted most of my Fortunately, Unfortunately entries on a new site (link in the sidebar). I left out a few, mainly the meme-type ones or short, meaningless ones. And I took the liberty of correcting a few spelling errors, but I didn't rewrite history. That's your late holiday present.

So...Christmas was good with the exception of getting sick. Ryan got me a bunch of small stuff, including: jewelry box, laptop cover, America the book, and the new flavored Bailey's in both caramel (yum!) and mint chocolate (I thought I'd like this one better, but it tastes too artificial). His mom gave him a hard time for getting me an empty jewelry box, then later that day his aunt also gave me a jewelry box. So then he got more grief because I have two "empty" jewelry boxes. My birthday is coming up, though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should activate the RSS feed on your blog, so I can use my reader to get to it. (Liz just had to adjust some setting to enable it on her blogger, I think.)

Also, I'm glad you guys came and enjoyed the party. I sure did!