Sunday, January 28, 2007

Now I know what you're thinking. I am getting way ahead of myself. I'm not even officially engaged yet. But Ryan is going along with it, and without him to keep me in line, I've practically got the entire wedding planned already.

I was browsing Jersey ceremony/reception sites this morning and came across a very interesting looking place called "Grounds for Sculpture." It's between Trenton and Princeton, which is only a 40 minute drive from our apartment. It looked really neat while poking around online, so I suggested we drive up today. If we liked it, then great, and if not, then we just spent the day going to a sculpture garden, which is better than watching Simpsons DVD's.

To sum up the visit, I LOVE it. They don't list pricing info for events online, so I'm going to call tomorrow to see if it would fit in our budget, because I just have to know ASAP. It's cool and different and special, yet still makes sense for a wedding. Pics on Flickr, just keep in mind that we'd probably have it sometime between April and September, so the grounds would be much more green and/or flowery. We'd have both the ceremony and reception there; they have a perfect "altar" type place and a great gallery with courtyard for the reception. Plus there are acres of other neat sculptures and probably 50 or so free-ranging peacocks around the grounds. Peacocks are awesome!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do they also have Peahens?

Looks great- plus it's got built-in conversation pieces in case people end up having to talk to people they don't know, which almost always happens at weddings. :)