Friday, November 23, 2007

We're back from central NY. It snowed there this morning, which made me extremely grateful to not live there anymore. Thanksgiving was pretty miserable. I made 3 delicious pies, but Ryan's mom made a cheesecake and announced to the crowd, "We have pumpkin pie, apple pie, and AUTHENTIC HOMEMADE TRADITIONAL ITALIAN CHEESECAKE!" So everyone had cheesecake, which Ryan said was not very good (I of course had pie). So no one got to be impressed by my pies. Then this morning when I woke up and wanted a slice of apple pie for breakfast, I went downstairs and found that his mom had taken MY apple pie to give away to her coworkers. GRRRR...

Other than the pie frustration (oh yeah, and I had to roll out my pie crust with a wine bottle covered in wax paper because she didn't have a rolling pin because she always buys the cheap prepackaged crusts), I had a stomachache and headache for most of the weekend. I'm pretty sure that it's withdrawl from the old medication that I just tapered off of. I keep cycling through normal, furiously angry, or tearful despondent moods. Poor Ryan. It was overall a pretty sucky Thanksgiving.

Today we drove back home and made a total of 4 CVS trips to "buy" all the Black Friday deals. That's "buy" in quotes because after all our coupons, we made a $27 PROFIT and got all of the stuff below:














So. At the moment I'm in a normal mood and proud of my hoard.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cheesecake for Thanksgiving?!?

I couldn't make pumpkin pie because I couldn't find canned pumpkin anywhere and wasn't up for "harvesting it" per hand... wish I could have had some of yours... yum!