Thursday, November 15, 2007

Car bill was $770. I have a great intuition about these sorts of things. My formula? Think about how much it should cost (my feeling: $250), then add $500. Bingo. But at least that included a tune-up in addition to actual repairs.

The reasons for my favorite kitty changing all the time should also include all the reasons NOT to pick a certain kitty:
Grem- peeing outside litterbox 3-4x/week
Choco- knocking food all over floor, jumping on counters
Jib- biting little ones past the point of squealing

Ask me how I saved $360 in ten minutes last Caturday. Go ahead, ask! Ok, since you're prying it out of me... I called Comcast and said I wanted to cancel my cable TV (totally bluffing btw, there's a new season of Project Runway starting!). They asked why, and I said it was just too expensive, especially with the holidays coming up, money is tight and all. Boom, $30 off per month for the next year :) You should try it too if you have Comcast, just make sure you actually ask to cancel first, because from what I've heard, merely threatening to cancel or saying that Dish Network is cheaper doesn't always work. Also, I doubt it would work if you were already on a reduced intro rate.

Ryan beat the Legend of Zelda on the Wii. I've played some but haven't become as interested...I'd rather look for deals on the interwebs while he's playing.

We got a STD for a wedding at Sage Chapel next year. That's Save The Date, get your minds out of the gutter. No sharks, but I always thought that SC was really pretty inside with the stained glass and whatnot. Plus, it's an easy drive and we have free lodging at Ryan's mom's.

Ryan's mom's, which is where we're going for Turkey Day. I think Ryan and I will be cooking everything but the turkey this year. His mom had surgery recently, so that serves as a good excuse to "help" her out a lot. But if you'd tasted the pie last year, you'd know why we want to seize control (help! nut...meg....over...load... *clutches chest*...*keels over*).

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've gotta stop reading this at work - everyone was wondering why I just laughed out loud. lol

Anonymous said...

PS You might try adding a second litter box (maybe Grem just doesn't like to share).

Cat said...

We have 2 litterboxes, but there isn't a way to have the boys stay out of one. She's just more prissy when it comes to the box being clean, and I am NOT going to clean two boxes more than once per day/every other day.

Anonymous said...

Hmm... yes, not fun. Okay, that was it for my ideas. ;-)

Jen said...

You know, you can just take a pill and that STD will go away. ;-)

Going back to Cornell will be fun. I haven't been there since the formal when we stayed with you. I wonder if PSP will let us stay in the house...