Thursday, February 28, 2008

I just had my interviewish thingy at the substitute teacher staffing organization. I say "interviewish thingy" because it seems to be the closest to an interview that I'll need, yet it wasn't an interview. Even on the phone when I was scheduling it, the guy called it an "information session." I showed up, filled out their application, and the guy took a look at my resume and made a little chit-chat about Penn and asked a couple questions like, "How many days a week did you want to work?" and, "Magnolia, now where is that?" The next step is getting fingerprinted. Unfortunately, he said that it will take 4-6 weeks before I'm actually teaching because of the state processing my background check and certification :/ So that puts me at teaching April and May, and the last week of May I will need to take off to get ready for the wedding. Oh well, what can ya do?

So Ryan and I spent (what I consider to be) quite a bit of $$ on groceries in January ($375), which led me to want to trim our grocery spending in February. Now, we did "inherit" a lot of meat and stuff from January, but I am quite pleased to announce that we spent less than $100 for food in February! $99.40 to be exact :P That's through the magic of combining sales and coupons. And the spending even includes a bunch of wet food for the cattens. We don't have any meat to pass on until March, so the March goal is $225. That should be a piece of cake, so I might even shoot for $200. I know, I'm crazy, but it's a fun little game to me and makes me feel less guilty about being unemployed.

Oh, Jen, Ryan wanted me to ask if you could adapt the LOTR theme for dulcimer.

He was kidding (I think!).

1 comment:

Jen said...

Hahaha, I'm sure it could be done, and there's nothing that warms my heart more than including geekiness in weddings...

http://www.geekologie.com/2007/04/super_mario_bros_wedding_cake.php