Friday, February 15, 2008

I've got the ball rolling on the teaching thing. I had to leave a message for the recruiter because he was on vacation the last couple days, but it sounds like he will be back and able to meet with me next week. I've also: ordered transcripts, asked two Penn people for reference letters, and had half my tuberculosis test (have to go back on Monday to have my arm checked). All that's left is updating my resume and going shopping for some interview pants. Yay pants, boo resume.

I will try to explain the cute Valentine story. All y'alls will probably not appreciate it as much as the Slickdeal community, though. So you need to know- "ECBs," or "Extra Care Buck" are the coupons that print at the bottom of the CVS receipt after you buy a qualifying item. If you get an ECB for $4, you have to spend the entire thing or lose the part you didn't spend. Sooooo, I told Ryan that I didn't want him to spend a bunch of money for V-day, but that I did get him a card, so he should probably get one for me. I suggested he grab some ECBs and get it at CVS :P So I guess on his way home from work he stopped there and had a $4 ECB but picked out a $3 card. So he had an extra dollar to spend. All on his own, he figured out that the best thing to buy would be a $1.29 Gatorade because they spit out a $1.29 ECB (effectively free). The kicker is that he tore off the $1.29 ECB and tucked it into the card he gave me :D

Ok, if you made it all the way through that paragraph and actually paid attention, you deserve a gold star.

No comments: