Monday, February 04, 2008

Yesterday at CVS (well, actually 3 CVSes) for a $4.46 profit:

The paper was for more coupons :)

I'm having trouble deciding the best way to divvy up my stockpile when you guys (and others) come down for the wedding. One idea was gift bags with items I "matched up" to people as best I could based on personality, etc. But I want stuff to go to people who need/want/could at least use it most, whereas others might think it was weird to get a bag of drugstore stuff. Especially the guys- unfortunately there is less "fun" stuff for them, whereas most girls would welcome free makeup and hair stuff (I think). Poor guys will probably end up with pain relievers, toothpaste, and shaving cream.

Ideas? A giant free-for-all? Hide the stuff in the backyard like Easter eggs? Gift bags? Or feel free to comment with stuff you would like from the following list, and I can reserve them for you.

Makeup (all types, especially eyeshadow as you can see from the above pic)
Shampoo/Conditioner
Styling products
Body wash
Body lotion
Face wash
Razors
Shaving cream
Pain relievers (oh lordy do I have tons of pain relievers)
Toothpaste (tons of it too)
Energy drinks

On a completely different topic, I start volunteering in the cat room at Petsmart tonight! Cleaning litterboxes, feeding them, and giving them snorgles, pets, and attention. I will probably be doing two three hour shifts per week. Unfortunately they only have volunteers during evenings and weekends, so it won't relieve my daytime boredom, but more kitties is a good thing. I wish that I could also be a foster parent for kitties that aren't ready for adoption yet, but Ryan won't let me because he thinks I would get too attached and wouldn't want to give them back. What do you think- should I go behind his back and do it anyway? I'm sure he'd just be pretending to disapprove if he came home and there was a cute kitty.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As long as you're not planning on saving the actual eggs to hide in the garden, you should be okay. ;-)

Kathy Devlin said...

Count me in as a vote for the "egg" hunt!