Monday, March 24, 2008

We went up to Po-town for the Easter weekend. Saturday was my bridal shower. Ryan's mom and aunt hosted it, and it was just the female family members (them, Ryan's grandmothers, and stepmom). Ryan went with me even though it's not customary because I needed him to help keep me from going crazy, or rather, more crazy. I got a crapload of gifts, with highlights including: ALL of the china off the registry, the main silverware set, cocktail glassware (martini, Champagne, and margarita), party supplies for the pre- and post-wedding house parties, Victoria's Secret gift card, and a ton of miscellaneous little houseware-type things. It completely filled the back seat and trunk of my car. Oy.


Over the weekend I also learned that I can connect myself to Kevin Bacon in five degrees. Ryan's cousin (who I've spent many a holiday with, so I'll only count as one degree) has a friend (two) who has a friend (three) who went to private school with KB's daugher (four, five). So now you can connect in six degrees since you know me :)

Invites were mailed today! Keep an eye on your mailbox, unless you've been naughty rather than nice. Destination tally:
NY: 14
MA: 5
PA: 5
WA: 5
CA: 3
CO: 2
FL: 1
GA: 1
LA: 1
RI: 1
International: 2

Now that Easter and all of its candy goodness is over, I'm REALLY going to start my pre-wedding diet and exercise. I'd like to lose somewhere between 10-15 pounds. Based on past experience I know that if I stick with my plan (1600-1800 calories per day, long neighborhood walks 5-6 times per week, weight training 3 times per week, and an abundance of work in the garden), then my goal is entirely attainable. Keep nagging me about how I am doing. There is only a little over two months left!

Today I spent about 5 hours working in the garden. I planted my carrots, radishes, lettuce, spinach, turnips, and peas. I also started constructing a series of arches that I can drape netting over to keep the birds, rabbits, and squirrels out. Tomorrow I plan to finish moving my pile of dirt, plant my broccoli and cauliflower, plant my raspberries, and finish the arch system. Oof.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww... that's so sweet! (really, no sarcastic tone intended)

And you match the decorations. ;-)

Sorry I couldn't be there, but it sounds like Ryan is doing just great with covering the maid of honor duties in addition to the groom duties. Keep up the good work, Ryan!

Anonymous said...

It's official! You can call me Reverend Doctor Lin formerly known as Christ :) The certificate is huge, I think it's the same size as my medical school diploma. And yes, it's totally going to hang next to it in my future office.

- Rev. Dr. Lin aka Christ

Cat said...

Haha, Rev. Dr. is great! I'm glad the certificate came with plenty of time to spare before the big day.

Anonymous said...

Ha ha, very cool.