Monday, April 28, 2008

Meh. Last week it was sunny with highs around 80. Today it's cold and rainy. Now tell me, how am I supposed to be in a good mood, weather? At least one advantage is that I don't have to water the garden for a few days since it is getting such a good soaking. The plants are growing quite fast- I can see a big difference since I posted those pictures 6 days ago. I think I could start harvesting radishes by this weekend!

We broke down and bought sod to cover the big bare patch where the tree fell down. We'd tried planting grass but it only grew successfully in a few small subpatches. We also put sod between the driveway and the porch, and I'm delighted with how it turned out. The "before" picture doesn't capture all the crappiness because I was focusing on the flowers, but you get an idea.

Before:

After:
After a couple weeks the seams should grow together, I hope.

I lost another two pounds this last week. The bridal shop is closed Mondays, but tomorrow I'm going to call and schedule a fitting. I can already tell you what is going to happen- the dress will zip up fine and fit like a glove, but be a little too tight to be comfortable for 7.5 hours. Maybe they will have to hem it a little, but probably not much because I'll be 5' 10.5" in my heels. I'll lose another 4 or 5 pounds, visit the shop again, and it will be fit perfectly. And we'll all live happily ever after. The end.

No comments: