Monday, April 14, 2008

Soooo. We've been up to a lot of work on the house and yard, with a little CVSing thrown in. Our formerly office-style tiled ceiling laundry room now has a nice real ceiling with attractive recessed lights. And soon some cute shelves as well. And the side of the yard has a stepping stone path from the driveway to the back patio. And we put out grass seed to fill in some patches, including the huge bare spot left where the tree fell down. I love working on the house. I find it amusing how a year ago, my favorite store was Arden B, and now it's Lowe's. I may pinch pennies almost everywhere, but at Lowe's and Home Depot I start drooling and throwing things in my cart.

Only lost one pound this last week, but I've been "good," so hopefully that will just mean a bigger loss next week. And I haven't slipped up in 21 days, which is supposed to be the amount of time it takes for a new behavior to become habit.

I'm going back to school in the fall. It took me a long time to decide, but I'll give it another try. And I can meet up with Jen for lunch if she ever gets breaks. There are parts of the program I like, but a rather long list of things I don't. I might make a short trip or two to Maine, and can probably collect as much data as I did last summer, just more efficiently.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know if you've heard of this, but there's a great gardening show on NPR (90.9FM) in the Philly area called You Bet Your Garden. He specializes in all organic and natural methods (no chemicals). Even though I don't take care of any non-canine lifeforms, I thought the show was fun and interesting. It's on Saturday mornings at 11am. There might be a podcast version too, I don't know.