Monday, April 07, 2008

Monday weigh-in: I lost three more pounds! Or rather, somewhere between 2.5 and 3.5. I have not slipped up on my eating one bit and have continued gardening and home repairs, plus a little walking. My favorite walks are on the nights before recycling day so I can "help out the recycling crew" by taking some of the coupon inserts out of papers. So only 5-10 pounds to go! I might be able to have my first dress fitting in two weeks or so, it seems.

I've been having bad wedding dreams every few nights. Last night I had one where I was so behind in getting dressed/hair/makeup done that I walked down the aisle in jeans and a t-shirt and messy hair. I felt so dumb that halfway down the aisle I announced to the guests, "Just kidding, I'll be back in a little while." Then I left and it took me over an hour to get ready. I came back and walked down the aisle again, and when I got to the altar it was a different officiant because the first one got tired of waiting for me and left.

The RSVPs are rolling in. Meal count so far:
Filet: 19
Chicken: 3
Veggie: 1

I have to put a plug in for the chicken. You know how much I love filet, but I'm actually getting the chicken. You can get filet at most any nice restaurant, but the chicken was something different and very yummy. But don't worry, I won't shun you if you want the filet anyway.

I went to a party rental store and ordered chairs for the ceremony. That leaves the last big to-do item of reserving a rehearsal dinner spot. We've put it off so long because we haven't been to any appropriate restaurants in this area. We have one in mind and should probably eat there this weekend to make sure that it's good before booking.

I'm still waiting on the state to process my background check for substituting. As soon as the letter arrives in the mail I can start the following day. At this rate I'll only get in three or four weeks before the wedding and summer vacation. Hmph.

My seedlings have mostly emerged. I hope they look luscious and impressive by the time everyone comes for the wedding. The spring bulbs look very cheerful in the front of the house.

And your random cat picture of the week:


Nom, nom, nom, indeed.

No comments: