Saturday, May 03, 2008

Ryan and I had lunch with Jen, KW, and Ariel in Center City today, as well as going on an apartment tour for Jen. She'll be in Philly for the next five years for her and KW's residencies! I recruited Ariel (probably) as another wedding guest, yay! I was also reminded how nice it is for Ryan and I to have so much square footage and yard space; medium-quality studio apartments in Center City are more than half the cost of our mortgage, for about the size of our living/dining room. There is something to be said for the short commute, but I could never live in a large city; I think they're dirty and full of sketchy people. But to each her/his own!

Here are some pics to illustrate how fast the garden has been growing. "Before" were taken on April 22, "after" were taken May 3.

Radishes before:

Radishes after:

Lettuce before:

Lettuce after:

Turnips before:

Turnips after:
I could go on, but you get the point. Plants are pretty cool.

No comments: