Tuesday, June 17, 2008

I'm FINALLY getting over my honeymoon sickness. I went to student health yesterday and they gave me some antibiotics. One plus is that I didn't gain any weight despite the all-you-can-eat and all-the-alcohol-you-can-drink at the all-inclusive resort. Gotta look on the bright side of things, right?

The sub teaching jobs have pretty much dried up. I know of at least one school that's in session until next week, but there are a lot of subs vying for only a few spots. I did get two days in last week. Easy days too- everyone is watching movies and letting the kids sign yearbooks instead of doing real work. So it'd be nice if I could score another day or two.

I love my garden. Yesterday I harvested about two pounds of green beans, and in another two or three days there will be another two pounds. With all the fresh produce and leftovers (frozen) from the BBQ, my post-honeymoon food budget for June is $20 :) That's just to fill in the cracks; if we reaaalllly wanted to, we could get by without any shopping. For example:

June 11: Spinach salad with chicken. Spinach, snap peas, broccoli, and green onions from garden. Chicken and salad dressing from BBQ, bacon bits (guys love bacon!) and croutons from stockpile.
June 12: Chicken stir-fry. Chicken from BBQ. Broccoli and snap peas from garden. Rice and sauce from stockpile.
June 13: Hot dogs (from BBQ). I forget if we had side dishes or not; probably misc snacks leftover from the BBQ.
Etc... Tonight is burgers and tomorrow is another stir-fry.

Being married feels the same as before, just with more rings. I'm still waiting on the marriage certificate to arrive so I can do all the official name-change stuff.

Oh, and I forgot the mention: for the honeymoon we flew US Airways because they were the cheapest and the only ones with direct flights. For the first time in history, both flights were on time (one even landed a half hour early!) and no bags were delayed. Amazing!

No comments: