Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Pretty much the funniest thing ever: http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/taxonomyfail.jpg?w=360&h=480

I'm still sick from the food poisoning :( Not nearly as bad as the first day or two, but I still wish it was over.

The cat that Jib got into that scuffle with? It's a she, and she has KITTENS!!! They look maybe one and a half months old. Our neighbor told us that they were in the woodsy/brushy backyard of the next house down, so today I did some investigative reporting. I saw all four of them, then put out some wet food so I could help them out and get some pictures.



I already picked out the one I want. The black one with the white stripe on its nose (as seen in third picture). That's if I can't have all of them, of course.

But seriously, I think once they're a little bigger we might try to trap them and take them to the animal shelter. Two of them might have eye infections, I think. Plus, as much as I like kittens, it wouldn't be good if the homeless population grew exponentially.

My garden grew a ridiculous amount while we were gone. In addition to most of the broccoli being ripe and a couple of pounds of snap peas, we should have ripe green beans by the weekend. Not to mention everything else is just a whole lot bigger. The zucchini and soybeans are even starting to blossom. We won't be buying very much produce this summer, just a few things to fill in the gaps and maybe a few fruits that I love like cherries and grapefruit.

No comments: