Sunday, June 08, 2008

We're back! The honeymoon was pretty good for the first four days, but then I sprained my wrist playing beach volleyball, and the next day I got food poisoning/24 hour flu (no, I didn't drink the water), which meant Friday was one of the worst days of my life and Saturday was mostly spent inside watching TV. Before the mishaps we did get two dives in, and saw sea turtles, a nurse shark (6'-7' long!), a huuuuge moray eel, and plenty of fish, of course. It was too bad that we had to scrap our two other dives because of the sickness, but hopefully there will be other tropical diving trips during our lifetimes.

So, how was the wedding? We were cool as cucumbers until the last minute. I didn't start getting nervous/butterflies until the procession music started. I didn't trip on the stairs, yay about that. Several people said they thought the ceremony was more memorable inside than it would have been if the weather was predictably nice and we did it outside. I spent too much of the reception worrying about the dance floor being too empty. The DJ had sent us a .pdf of "last minute tips" for receptions, and among his instructions was to dance as much as possible so that the guests would follow suit. I guess that's the case at "normal" weddings, but of course our guests wanted to take advantage of the amenities such as the turtle tank and patio. Well, since I always worry too much about what other people think, I spent more time dancing when I really would have rather been elsewhere.

Anyway, Jen took some great pics, which you can see here. If anyone has more, I'd love to see them, especially since we don't get the professional proofs for another week or so.

We asked our neighbor, who we don't know that well but chit-chat about cats with (he has one), to "check in on the cats a couple times" while we were on the honeymoon. He did an awesomely over-the-top and hilarious job (and even left us a bottle of real Champagne as a gift). The hilarity comes from his detailed cat notes. Apparently he came over every day and took note of what the cats were doing. It's especially funny to me because it sounds like the journal of someone stranded on a desert island (and the bad spelling/punctuation is endearing too). Highlights:

June 3rd Tues 7:00 PM
Jiblees & Gremlin met me @ back door. Gremlin bolted. Jibs layed on LR flr for a pet. No Cocoa siting. Food good, Liter good. Changed water. Jibs everywhere I am. Sitting on paper I'm writing on now. cute!

June 5th Thurs. 7:00
All cats on cat tree in L.R. got to pet them all. CHOCO is his/her name! Got it. Gave them can treat. They all came running & meowin. Now I know the secret!

June 6 Fri 4:30
Jibs on cabinet in kitch. Topped off food & Gremlin came in. Choco came down & let me pet him. Jibs is rubbin the pen while I write.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just so you know, Ryan's mom left the champagne (on the dining room table, Moet). I'm sure your neighbor still did an awesome job with the cattens, though. :-)