Wednesday, December 20, 2006

I'm done with my first semester of grad school, making me ever-so-slightly closer to my degree. Woohoo!

You're getting something in the mail this week. And it's something that has a kitten on it! Just wait and see. I have a sixth sense about these sorts of things.

Ryan is still pretty busy finishing up his end of semester final projects. Hopefully he'll be done by Saturday (the last isn't due til New Years, but he wants to get it over with). Then he only has one semester left until he's Master Ryan, with a degree from a school that he's never even been to (GA Tech) that has a bee as a mascot. Bzzz.

Ryan has let me open some of my presents already, because remember we're not any good at keeping secrets from each other. He already knows his big present from me (a continuation of his anniversary present). So far I got the hand-held 20 questions games (regular and music versions; I like the regular better because it's harder to stump), a mousepad with kittens on it, and the Sims Pets expansion pack, which is awesome. Ryan says it's so I can simulate having many kittens instead of having our house turn into a crazy cat house. I still want 3 real cats, but it's fun to pretend to have 6. I'll post a screenshot later, but I even customized one of the Sim Cats to look almost exactly like Jibblies!

We're driving up to Po-town on Saturday and staying until probably the 27th or so. Ryan goes back to work on the 2nd, and my stuff starts back up on the 8th. I should spend the second week of my break working on that research paper that I'm submitting with people from the field station, which pretty much went on hiatus during my semester.

I'm TAing Animal Behavior next semester, which is awesome. It was one of my favorite CU courses, and it's kinda cool to be TAing a non-intro course as a first-year. Also, it has discussion sections, which are much shorter than labs, so that should be nice. Now if only I could get away with bringing in Jibblies and having the students observe and comment on his erratic behavior.

We had Dan over on Saturday and made more cookies, although we didn't take pictures of them this time. Thanks for the wine, Dan, I had a good time drinking it. Ryan had a couple sips :)

No comments: