Saturday, January 13, 2007

Oof, I'm full. I was in my kitchen, cooking my foodz. With Ryan gone I decided to cook all weekend and stockpile meals in the freezer for later in the semester when we're too tired to cook dinner after work. Recently I compiled a list of main courses that we've made multiple times. It turned out to be quite extensive, although the degree of difficulty varies quite a bit. I'm keeping track of what we make every night in 2007 so maybe next year I could rank by popularity.

Chicken
Marsala
Piccata
Hazelnut-Crusted
Chicken and Ham Herb Patties
Matchstick Veggie-Stuffed
Satay
Apricot Curry
Spicy Peanut Soup
Apple Walnut Wraps
Phad Thai
Tacos
Basil Hazelnut Spirals
Pot Pie
Autumn Chicken Salad
Shake 'n Bake
Pesto Pizza

Beef
Bourguignon
Swedish Meatballs
Hungarian Goulash
Shepherd's Pie
Meatloaf
Beef and Broccoli
Pepperncorn Strips
London Broil
Garlic and Sage Rubbed Tenderloin
Pot Roast
French Dip
Tacos
Regular Steak

Pork
Tenderloin with Raisin Brandy Sauce
Flavored Tenderloin
Pulled
Sweet and Sour
Orange Stir Fry
Ragu
Pork with Leek
Escarole Sausage Soup
Ham Steaks

Seafood
Cashew Shrimp Stir Fry
Lemon Pepper Shrimp
Jambalaya
Lemon Garlic Shrimp Pasta
Prosciutto-Wrapped Shrimp
Triple Citrus Salmon

Ideally I'd like to eat more seafood, but Ryan mainly only likes shrimp. I have to respect his wishes, though, because he respects my wishes and we don't cook with cheese in the apartment (we even leave it off the tacos and pizza listed above). He's so nice to me. He usually gets something cheesy when we go out to dinner, but I'd be a total bitch if I didn't let him eat it then, right? I do make him brush his teeth before I'll kiss him, though. It's just a thing I have, but he's very nice and compliant with local ordinances.

I was thinking about my dream life earlier today. Ryan and I would live in a nice big house with 3-5 kitties and a super well-equipped kitchen. I'd have a cushy professor job with tenure at a well-ranked small college, and Ryan would be successful enough to be happy but not so successful that he would have to work insane hours. We'd be able to travel a lot, and would hopefully have nice neighbors who could feed the kitties while we were gone. Sounds good to me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds good to me too (for you). When are you publishing your cookbook? (I want a copy (-; )