Friday, August 17, 2007

I saw today that US News and World Report has Penn tied for 5th place in their college rankings. For a brief moment I was like, "Yay, moving up in the world! I went from #13 (or whatever Cornell is this year) to #5." But then I was like, "Whoa, what the heck? Cornell is way better than Penn!" College-wide rankings are pretty much useless, but I would be interested to see rankings by department, which might actually mean something. I have a feeling that Wharton and the med school are pulling the rest of Penn up. Oh, and this one bio TA...

1 comment:

Lizzardie said...

They do publish graduate rankings by department (obviously you have to, because different schools are good at different types of research/professional training). That's probably at least a little telling, even on the undergraduate level.