Sunday, January 20, 2008

Ryan picked out his wedding band yesterday and will be ordering it as soon as he gets sized today. I have to admit, it's so cool that I almost wish I were a guy. Not only is it only $54.99, but I get 7% cash back by buying through a link from SquishyCash. On top of the normal 1.5% from my Discover card :) We have to make sure that he gets sized properly because tungsten carbide has a melting point of 6100 Fahrenheit (!) and cannot be resized. It's also highly scratch resistant (8.5-9.5 on Mohs hardness scale!). I told you it was so cool.

Our wedding invitations have been shipped and should arrive Monday or Tuesday. It was kind of crazy looking at the online proofs, like, "Wow, I guess we're actually getting married, huh?" They of course look more official than our DIY save-the-dates.

I also ordered part of our favors yesterday. The other part is DIY and ribbon/etc to jazz up the presentation. I'm keeping what they are a secret, though. But they're related to us, not boring or overdone yet also tie into old-timey wedding tradition, useful, and attractive. And to top it off, not expensive but have a practical value that far exceeds the purchase price. I'm just too clever.

My birthday was pretty boring, but I didn't feel like doing much. We got a housepla- oops, not supposed to discuss. What I did feel like doing was going to Wegmans for wokery and a mini ultimate chocolate cake. Supposedly Ryan's dad is shipping me some new pods for the Aerogar- nevermind. Sigh, most of what I'm thinking about these days is the forbidden subject.

Here's a cute picture, just because:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's good to know that it would require a visit to the fires of Mount Doom to melt Ryan's ring.

Anonymous said...

Indeed - that's true men's jewelry.

Happy Belated Birthday! The card was already in the mail - that's going to be my excuse for forgetting to e-mail you. :(

Jen said...

My boy likes your boy's ring. He likes titanium and tungsten (how can a guy with his last name NOT like tungsten?). We just might have to order from that site...thanks for the tip!